Having a lunch built around some roasted veggies is one of my go-to favourites. It is a great way to get some plant diversity into your diet (your gut microbes will thank you for this), use up leftover veg and is super easy.
Below is my simple & easy guide to build a nutritionally balanced salad that will keep you full.
Step by step salad guide
1. A base of greens - e.g. rocket, spinach, watercress
2. Roasted veggies - aim for as many different colours as possible. I roast with some herbs
3. A protein topping - e.g. feta, chicken, salmon, mackerel, legumes, egg
4. Some good fats - e.g. avocado, olives
5. Some crunch - e.g. sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
6. Dressing - I tend to just use good quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
If you like variety for your work lunch it is easy to mix n match the protein topping each day (e.g. chicken, salmon, feta) & use the same batch of roasted veg (usually last 3 days in the fridge)
Enjoy! Michelle x